CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

May 17, 2011

Apparently I was tired!

Since I moved into my own apartment, my mom texts me every night to make sure I'm home and safe. It's really kind of awesome that she cares enough to make sure someone didn't get me. I'm usually pretty good at texting back to let her know I'm ok. If I'm not home yet for some reason, I just let her know when I am, although sometimes I forget. Last Saturday night was just such an occasion.

I had a few different parties I was going to, and I didn't get home until later. She had sent me a message while I was at my last stop, and I told her I would let her know when I was home and all locked up. Unfortunately, I was completely exhausted when I finally made it home that I went right to bed without even thinking about it. I got a text around one in the morning asking if I was home yet. Apparently I was super exhausted and texting in my sleep because my reply was this:

Home locked sleeping and HOPPING

Yes, I actually spelled out HOPPING in all capital letters. I honestly don't know what I was thinking. It may have had something to do with my dream, although I honestly can't remember. The closest thing I can come up with is that I was sleeping with both windows open because my air conditioner is broken and it got really cold that night. I may have meant to say I was FREEZING, but I can't be sure. I'm surprised I made the effort to put all caps in the text. It was seriously weird. She replied asking what I meant, but I didn't respond. I was sleeping. The next morning she asked if I was hopping on one foot or two... that completely made my morning.

I guess I'll never know! Here's to happy HOPPING!

3 comments:

Tiffany Goodson said...

Oh this totally made me smile! Do you remember when I sleep-texted everyone about the goat that was walking through the cream cheese! haha!

Lisa said...

Hmmm... I actually don't remember this. Sounds pretty much hilarious though :)

Anthony and Lindsay Dayton said...

I couldn't help myself but laugh...I love that your mom is still being a mom from a distance proves my theory that cell phones are just electronic leashes...Love you