CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

September 29, 2011

Why I run

I've gotten out of habit, and that's a terrible thing. I loved how I felt when I was training for the marathon and running 5 days a week. I have a race in just a few more weeks, so I've been a little better this week with getting up and going, but I know I could be better. I just need to remember the reasons WHY I run, so here goes nothin' :)

First and foremost, I love the way I feel when I'm running consistently. It seems a little strange, but I have more energy and I feel great about myself. When I'm running, I can walk up the 4 flights of stairs at work and not get too winded, which I think is a very good thing. Really, I just feel fantastic physically and I'm looking for that feeling again... cuz, you know, I've lost that lovin' feelin'.

Second, it gives me a sense of accomplishment. When I complete a full week of training without missing a single day, I truly feel like I've done something to push myself in the right direction. It's almost like if I can do that, I can do so many other things that seem a little impossible.

Third, and maybe my favorite reason of why I run, is this...


and this...


and so many others that I haven't even tried yet! I'm still working on cupcake recipes, and the only time I let myself eat them is after a big race. With that said...

Let me grab my running shoes... I want a CUPCAKE!

0 comments: