CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

June 24, 2008

Election Day Blues

Today is election day... woo hoo... For those of you who did not understand, that was meant to be very sarcastic. I have trouble with my job as it is and the stress of an election (even an unnecessary one) just makes things worse. I have been wanting to quit for a while but can't bring myself to do it because the hours are so flexible and the pay is so good after almost 6 years. Every time there is an election I am reminded of why I've wanted to leave in the first place. There are usual election day problems, people not telling other people about problems or solutions, and people trying to do everything themselves which leaves me quite bored and giving me time to write on my blog! I honestly have done almost nothing today and I usually hate feeling unproductive (aside from times when I've worked way too long and have just wanted to relax). Everyone else is running around like chickens with their heads cut off and I'm just sitting at my desk, doing nothing... There are two things getting me through the day... First, I get to go to girls' camp with my family ward tomorrow and I won't have to work for the rest of the week! Second, I will only have one election left after this one and I will only be working part-time by then and after that election I will be out of here! Oh, just typing that sent a chill up my spine :) I realize I have failed to document this post with a photo because, frankly, I do not feel a day or event such as this deserves to have a photo wasted on it. Check back later this week (or early next week) to see photos and posting of my amazing experiences I'll be sure to have at girls' camp!!!

P.S. Something I thought was so funny I had to share! Saturday, I worked 7:30 a.m. to 9:15 p.m. getting ready for today. My boss worked saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Yesterday she called and said she would be late... she had a headache from all the overtime she had been putting in... HA!

3 comments:

Janel said...

SHE had a headache from working overtime?! What kind of nonsense is that?

By the way, I'll post a new picture of me on Facebook, and you'll see what the cha-cha-cha-cha-cha-changes were all about. :)

Tawni said...

Gee, what a fantastic boss. I hope you have tons of fun at girl's camp!

Jewelsp said...

Your boss sounds like my boss. 11am every morning for the past week. Then he leaves at 4. Oh, except for the one day last week when he came in at 11 and left at 11:30 and he's "just got so much that he has to do!" His words.
One of my other bosses came in today at 3:20. At that time, is there even a point to showing up?