CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

June 10, 2008

Step it up!


Every once in a while the county will have health programs for its employees such as a healthy eating program or and exercise program. I didn't participate before last year because I was only a part-time employee and couldn't reap the benefits such as extra vacation or comp time. I started last year with a program that taught us to drink more water, eat healthier, and used bonus activities for exercise. Today we started our Summer Step It Up program. Each participant got a pedometer and a booklet to keep track of the steps we take each week. I'm actually kind of excited about this program, with all the running I do. I'm really hoping to work up to a 5k within the next couple of weeks (the first on is in West Haven on the 28th) and start my training for next year's half marathon. I'm also very curious to see how many steps I do take during one day. I've started taking the stairs instead of the elevator at work, walking to lunch when I go out, and taking small breaks during the day to get away from my desk and walk a bit. It's really nice and I think it's an ok start to getting healthier... and to get two extra vacation hours to use later :) We'll see what happens!

0 comments: