CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

June 16, 2008

Rachel Barber


Our phone rang around 1:30 this morning...my mom must have been really out because she didn't answer it and I thought it was a dream. I woke up and checked the caller ID and saw it was my 9 month pregnant sister! I panicked and tried to call her back from my cell phone but she didn't answer. Just after our home phone rang again. I hurried and answered it and all I heard was, "where's mom?" I thought something was wrong, so I asked and all she said was, "get mom!" Ok, this was enough to make me freak out, so I took the phone to my mom and all Joann said was, "I'm having a baby, I'll call you after my epidural." She called back a bit later and told us that she had checked into the hospital dilated to a 7 and we'd better hurry if we wanted to be there. My dad is in Florida, so I got dressed and drove my mom to the Davis hospital and at 4:06 a.m. Rachel Barber was born! We didn't know she was a girl until she came, but we are very happy and she is so cute! I'm a proud aunt of now 26 nieces and nephews!!!

5 comments:

Janel said...

Oooh fun! Congratulations!

Annie said...

Isn't being an aunt wonderful!?! I didn't realize you had that many neices and nephews! That's amazing, and you are such a great aunt. :D Congrats!

Ashley said...

Hey Lis! I just saw on a link to your blog on your mom's! I didn't know you had one. Sweet! I don't see you much.. even though I just live around the corner!!! Stop by sometime. I am impressed with your running skills and I want to start running too. Any tips for beginners would be greatly appreciated :-)

My Boys, Life's Joys said...

Cute blog Lisa!
-Mel

Joann said...

All I can say is, you need not ask so many questions when someone is in peril! It was all I could do just to call you guys in between contractions, then both you and Mom wanted all the details while I felt like I was tearing apart! HA!That's okay, though. Everything turned out alright, huh? By the way, her name doesn't have the extra "a" in it. It's Rachel. Thanks for coming with Mom to the hospital. I hope it ws worth the sleepless night!